We here at Chinstrap Ninjas believe in accountability for what we do. So we are going to reflect back at our preseason predictions and tell you about the good, the bad and the ugly.
We will look at how the kickers finished based on standard yahoo defense scoring with 6 points per return TD.
The composite ranks were comprised of preseason rankings from CBS Sportsline.com, Foxsports.com, Yahoo.com, ESPN.com, NFL.com. Our own EP was the only ninja daring enough to rank the kickers in 2010. Let’s see how he did versus the experts in ranking them.
- New England Patriots – (ep-15)(composite-10) Composite had better ranking.
- Pittsburgh Steelers – (ep-8)(composite-7) Composite had better ranking.
- Green Bay Packers – (ep-3)(composite-5) EP nailed it exactly.
- Chicago Bears – (ep-22)(composite-9) Composite had better ranking.
- New York Jets – (ep-1)(composite-1) Both had same ranking.
- Arizona Cardinals – (ep-16)(composite-17) EP had better ranking.
- Oakland Raiders – (ep-27)(composite-26) Composite had better ranking.
- New York Giants – (ep-12)(composite-13) EP had better ranking.
- Atlanta Falcons – (ep-20)(composite-23) EP had better ranking.
- San Diego Chargers – (ep-9)(composite-11) Both were just as close to ranking.
- Dallas Cowboys – (ep-11)(composite-6) EP nailed it exactly.
- Detroit Lions – (ep-30)(composite-NR) EP had better ranking.
- Baltimore Ravens – (ep-7)(composite-3) EP had better ranking.
- Philadelphia Eagles – (ep-2)(composite-4) Composite had better ranking.
- Tennessee Titans – (ep-21)(composite-24) EP had better ranking.
The closest to rankings breakdowns went as follows: (Each person given 1 point for being closest to ranking with ties split evenly)
- EP – 9
- Composite Experts – 6
Congratulations to EP for having better overall rankings than the composite experts.
Also congratulations goes out to the entire website, as one of our writers beat the composite experts rankings at every major fantasy position in 2010. Let’s hope we do it again next year.