We here at Chinstrap Ninjas believe in accountability for what we do. So we are going to reflect back at our preseason predictions and tell you about the good, the bad and the ugly.
We will look at how the kickers finished based on standard yahoo kicker scoring.
The composite ranks were comprised of preseason rankings from CBS Sportsline.com, Foxsports.com, Yahoo.com, ESPN.com, NFL.com. Our own EP was the only ninja daring enough to rank the kickers in 2010. Let’s see how he did versus the experts in ranking them.
- Sebastian Janikowski – (ep-20)(composite-22) EP had the better ranking here.
- David Akers – (ep-6)(composite-5) Composite experts had better ranking.
- Adam Vinatieri – (ep-13)(composite-17) EP had better ranking.
- Josh Brown – (ep-28)(composite-NR) EP had better ranking.
- Matt Bryant – (ep-26)(composite-14) Composite had better ranking.
- Neil Rackers – (ep-7)(composite-23) EP almost nailed that one.
- Nick Folk – (ep-19)(composite-20) EP had better ranking.
- Dan Carpenter – (ep-17)(composite-13) Composite had better ranking.
- David Buehler – (ep-10)(composite-16) EP had better ranking.
- Mason Crosby – (ep-2)(composite-6) Composite had better ranking.
- Billy Cundiff – (ep-25)(composite-NR) EP had better ranking.
- Rob Bironas – (ep-11)(composite-7) EP had better ranking.
- Josh Scobee – (ep-24)(composite-NR) EP had better ranking.
- Nate Kaeding – (ep-4)(composite-1) EP had better ranking.
- Robbie Gould – (ep-12)(composite-8) EP had better ranking.
The closest to rankings breakdowns went as follows: (Each person given 1 point for being closest to ranking with ties split evenly)
- EP – 11
- Composite Experts – 4
Congratulations EP on beating the composite experts by more than a 2-1 margin.
So far one of the ninja rankings has beaten the composite expert rankings in every position category.
Will EP make it a clean sweep with his defensive picks? Check tomorrow to find out.