Let’s take a look at a pick by pick breakdown of the fantasy repercussions from the first round of the 2010 NFL Draft:
1. St. Louis: QB Sam Bradford
- Just as expected. Bradford should be the starter from day one but I doubt that he will have a large impact fantasy wise.
2. Detroit: DT Ndamukong Suh
- This pick should help bolster the defense and help to build the strong defensive line. Could be worth a flyer in an IDP league. As a fan… I’ll take it.
3. Tampa Bay: DT Gerald McCoy
- Tampa still isn’t a good team, but this should help build the defense. Similar to Suh he will have some IDP value, he could have more sacks than Suh but less tackles.
4. Washington: LT Trent Williams
- This will help the run game and the pass game. If he pans out it could turn out to be a great selection.
5. Kansas City: S Eric Berry
- Well this might help their awful defense. They are going to get scored on and passed on a ton so he could be in line for 5 INTs and a good amount of tackles. He is worth an IDP look.
6. Seattle: LT Russell Okung
- Another rock solid linemen selected. He will help out the run and pass game. Should replace Walter Jones nicely… good pick good value.
7. Cleveland: CB Joe Haden
- Better pick for the football team than the fantasy football team. CB’s aren’t exactly the best IDP players in most formats but he could be worth a late-round flier.
8. Oakland: LB Rolando McClain
- Interesting pick, but he is a solid player. He is going to be a solid defensive player and a great pick in an IDP league.
9. Buffalo: RB C.J. Spiller
- Well someone has to go in Buffalo, but this is a pretty good pick if he gets enough touches. He could turn out to be a solid player. Someone has to go before he will have maximum value.
10. Jacksonville: DT Tyson Alualu
- Confused… he has some great hair, but I don’t know about this pick. This is a reach and they might/will regret this.
11. San Francisco (From Denver): LT Anthony Davis
- Good selection will help shore up the line and protect the quarterback and will help open some holes for Gore. Solid pick.
12. San Diego (From Miami): RB Ryan Mathews
- Should be the top player selected in all rookie drafts. He will get to carry the load big time and should have a good rookie campaign.
13. Philly (From Denver) (From San Francisco): DE Brandon Graham
- Solid player here and he could be a monster in the heavy blitzing defense. He will have a big impact on the defense and he could be a great IDP player.
14. Seattle: S Earl Thomas
- Thomas is a great pick here, he is a ball hawk and should have a great season. He will be linked to Berry and should have similar stats.
15. New York Giants: DE Jason Pierre-Paul
- Lot of DE’s in New York, but he can rush the passer well. If someone is dealt he could have a solid year. I see him as needing one year to get into full NFL dominance.
16. Tennessee: DE Derrick Morgan
- Good selection, he could come in and start right away. He will have a solid year and will be worth an IDP flier.
17. San Francisco: OG Mike Iupati
- Build the offensive line. Gore has to love it. The running game will be loving it.
18. Pittsburgh: C/G Maurkice Pouncey
- Get back to Steeler football and pound the rock. This should help cut down on sacks and could help the Steelers for years to come.
19. Atlanta: LB Sean Witherspoon
- This guy is a monster and should be a great IDP player. He will make plays all over the field and should make a run at ROY honors.
20. Houston: CB Kareem Jackson
- Good pick, not going to help much in fantasy. Should help shore up the weak pass defense of Houston
21. Cincinnati: TE Jermaine Gresham
- Good pick he should have some good value and is worth taking in the first round of a rookie draft.
22. Denver (From New England): WR Demaryius Thomas
- Interesting pick here, Dez Bryant must have the plague or something. They could regret this pick. Kyle Orton still sucks though so that’s an issue.
23. Green Bay: LT Bryan Bulaga
- Operation keep Aaron Rodgers upright is off to a great start. Rodgers is happy so the owners should be happy.
24. Dallas (From New England) (From Denver) (From Philadelphia): WR Dez Bryant
- If the guy picking ahead of you is a Bryant hater fuel it… You want him on your team hands down. He is going to have a chip on his shoulder and he is going to be good. Don’t pick him at your own risk
25. Denver (From Baltimore): QB Tim Tebow
- Fail… are you kidding me. McDaniels is out of his mind. He is going to need a year or two to be ready and McDaniels shouldn’t be there to see his first start. Bad pick… bottom line.
26. Arizona: DT Dan Williams
- Got to start replacing the players that were lost on the defense. He will fit in well here in their 3-4 system. Good pick and great value.
27. New England (From Dallas): Devin McCourty
- Good pick the super bowl is going through New Orleans and Indy so this pick makes sense. Good pick … no real fantasy value.
28. Miami (From San Diego): DT Jared Odrick
- Good football player. He will help keep the blockers off of Dansby and this could lead to a big season for him and the other linebackers. He will come in and start and help out.
29. New York Jets: CB Kyle Wilson
- Well I don’t think you are going to be able to pass on the Jets. But he will be the nickel back so no fantasy value here.
30. Detroit (From Minnesota): RB Jahvid Best
- Welcome to fantasy relevance Mr. Best. He is a legit back and he will be the No. 1 for Detroit from day one. He is going to be worth a high pick in a dynasty rookie draft.
31. Indianapolis: DE Jerry Hughes
- Solid defensive player he will come in and help out. He will need a year of seasoning but he should turn out to be a solid pick for the Colts.
32. New Orleans: CB Patrick Robinson
- He is a good selection, he will help build up the defense that overachieved all last year. He will really help the Saints out and help them keep playing at a high level.