Cribbing a little tactic from ESPN’s Matthew Berry, I’m going to give you five lists of five topics from the 2009 NFL Draft.
Hey, if I’m not going to be original, I’m at least going to cite the source.
5 top players who will be busts:
- Percy Harvin, WR, Florida
- Aaron Maybin, OLB, Penn State
- Josh Freeman, QB, Kansas State
- Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland
- Malcolm Jenkins, DB, Ohio State
5 teams that suck at drafting
- Oakland Raiders (even before the Heyward-Bey pick)
- Detroit Lions
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- (tie – indecision!) St. Louis Rams, Miami Dolphins
5 underrated players who are going to anti-bust:
- Jarrett Dillard, WR, Rice
- Pat White, QB, West Virginia
- Rashad Jennings, RB, Liberty
- Rhett Bomar, QB, Sam Houston State
- Travis Beckum, TE, Wisconsin
5 recommended adult beverages to enjoy on draft day
- Dogfish Head IPA
- Hopdevil IPA
- Moosehead Lager
- Yuengling Lager
- Labatt’s Blue
5 of my favorite draft day stories of the past couple years
- Chargers doing wacky things and getting LaDainian Tomlinson AND Drew Brees in the same 2001 draft.
- Giants trade Philip Rivers for Eli Manning — I know it was much-rumored pre-draft, but Eli led the Giants to the Super Bowl. Eli’s face when he held up the Chargers jersey was funny too.
- Mike Tice and the Vikings not picking in time in 2003.
- Everybody debating Reggie “bust-tacular” Bush vs. Mario Williams in 2006.
- Donovan McNabb drafted among Eagles fans booing because they wanted Ricky Williams instead in 1999. How’d that work out?
What are your favorite stories from drafts past? What do you drink during the draft? Who’s a bust? Who’s a value? Let us know in the comments. Or start a conversation on our message boards.