That’s right, the Ninjas are bringing the projections.
The full slate of games will have to wait until tomorrow, but this is a taste of what to expect. And it’s a little nod to anybody who’s rocking Titans or Steelers in their fantasy lineup.
There’s one caveat to these projections. I subscribe to the Start Your Studs theory of lineup strategy. If you drafted a player in the first three rounds, you have to play them regardless of what I tell you here or what you read anywhere else.
If you don’t feel confident playing them, other than in the instance of an injury, you need to revisit your draft strategy next year.
On to the projections for the season opener on Thursday night:
Ben Roethlisberger 240 yards, 2 TDs, INT
Kerry Collins: 170 yards, 1TD, 1 INT
Scraps with upside: Vince Young
- Roethlisberger had one of his two 300 yard games against the Titans last year. Have a feeling Vince Young will show potential out of a Wildcat-type play.
Willie Parker: 80 yards, TD
LenDale White: 40 yards, TD
Chris Johnson: 90 total yards, 3 rec.
Scraps with upside: Mewelde Moore
- Parker could eclipse 100 yards rushing and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Johnson eclipse 100 total. Moore could surprise for PPRers struggling to fill FLEX.
Hines Ward: 7 rec., 100 yards, TD
Justin Gage: 90 yards, 7 rec.
Santonio Holmes: 80 yards, 5 rec.
Scraps with upside: Nate Washington (inj.), Kenny Britt, Limas Sweed
- I hate Gage, but he smoked the Steelers last year and the Pittsburgh front will slow down the Johnson-White combo.
Heath Miller: 60 yards, TD
Bo Scaife: 40 yards, 2 rec., TD
Scraps with upside: Jared Cook
- Kenny Britt, one of the WRs settling for scraps, could swipe Scaife’s TD. But I’d bet it’ll be a couple games before Britt becomes fully intertwined into the offense.
Rob Bironas: 1 FG, 2XP
Jeff Reed: 3 XP
- Not going to predict stats here, but the Steelers D is a studly one, and the Titans are a no-start this week.