Hey, I know most of you probably aren’t at your work desk and probably won’t be taking a “lunch break” today. But whenever you get a break — maybe it’s your late-morning, early-afternoon, thank-the-ninjas-it’s-Saturday beer-and-a-burger break — I found some things for you to click and read.
We’ve said it a number of times at Chinstrap Ninjas that it’s important to take advantage of the collection of tubes the Internet lives in and read as many opinions as you can. There’s some really good stuff out there that will make you a smarter fantasy player and more knowledged sports aficionado.
These are some of those articles:
- Beyond the Boxscore takes a look at an interesting debate pitting the true value of Troy Tulowitski and Ryan Braun. As the site’s name suggests, they take a look beyond the typical counting stats you know and love.
- The words Carlos Beltran, knee and microfracture all make an appearance in this post by Disabled List Informer, a site run by a physical therapist. I agree with the author, we should all just stay away from Beltran in 2010.
- We Chinstrap Ninjas are all for throwing staleness out the window and introducing new concepts. I’m sure it’s been done by someone before, but I’ve never heard of this interesting keeper concept discussed at Fake Teams.
- Fantasy baseball lists are everywhere, including Fanhouse’s fantasy department where an Early Top -10 Closers list has appeared.
- Wouldn’t it be great to be able write letters to your favorite and least favorite fantasy players? Fantasy Baseball Geeks thinks so.
- Rotoprofessor says Just Say No to Brett Wallace in 2010. I agree.
- If your keeper options are Josh Hamilton or Carlos Beltran, isn’t it really the worst of both worlds? Alas, there are some of us debating the very question. First you should make sure you’ve read the Beltran DL Informer post linked above, then check out what Rotographs has to add to the argument.
- I know a lot of you folks are probably playing in NFL playoff fantasy leagues. Congrats. Razzball football’s got Super Bowl XLIV rankings for you.
- Do you understand compensatory NFL picks? There’s some secret formula and such, but if you read this post by RotoRob you’ll understand it a lot better.