Hopefully, our American readers spent some time in the sun, slurping frosty beverages and devouring a variety of grilled meats this holiday weekend.
Memorial Day is my favorite holiday, ringing in my birthday while simultaneously launching the summer season. It also means fantasy baseball season is really heating up — two perfect games in the same season? — and, with the arrival of June, that fantasy football season has jettisoned the rocket boosters of fast approach and is mere weeks from going into full-scale preseason orbit.
Obviously, that’s a tease for a ramping up of fantasy football coverage in a couple weeks.
No worries. We’ll continue to provide fantasy baseball coverage throughout the year, but our baseball-only readers will have to start filtering out the football by clicking the filter button in the right sidebar soon enough.
For now, our most popular posts this week echo baseball fever in America. Nine of our top 10 most viewed posts, and 18 of the top 20 are about baseball. We will feed your baseball addiction, but, this is your third warning in as many paragraphs that the sports will share space here soon enough. Just trying to keep you prepared. Always be prepared. The Boy Scouts stole that from ninjas. We’re stealing it back.
If you spent your week lazily soaking up sun in an exotic locale, congratulations. If you spent it working double-shifts in a toxic work place, I apologize. In either case, here’s what you missed at Chinstrap Ninjas:
- Consigliere opened the doors to his league’s first ever fantasy football IDP draft. Some good insight there for you IDPers.
- A look at Scott Rolen‘s resurgence and the unexpected sluggerosity of the Blue Jays.
- Edwin Encarnacion and Ben Zobrist led the way as the top fantasy baseball stars of the week.
- Vladimir Guerrero has been a merciless hitter this season.
- Andre Ethier injury news is huge news in 2010, oh and Stephen Strasburg.
- Johnny Cueto is, in fact, for real and the Yankees will soon discuss the Phil Hughes rules.
- The LenDale White comeback tour blew a tire weeks after it was announced and months before it even had a chance to start.
- The arrival of Chris Tillman and Buster Posey, two super prospects was discussed.
- SockoNFL made sure we didn’t miss Roy Halladay‘s perfect game.
- The most recent holds update, published Sunday, is already the most popular post of the last seven days.
One of my other favorite things to do is look at our search terms and let you guys know when we get weird searches.
When I checked this morning, I was practically euphoric. I did not find a weird search term. Instead, I found gobs of hardcore fantasy sports stuff: “BABIP,” “dynasty rankings,” “buy low” and deep, deep prospects like the Blue Jays “Darin Mastroianni.”
The most searched term that brought readers to Chinstrap Ninjas: 2010 fantasy football sleepers. Take that baseball! Seriously though, we heart baseball. It’s just crazy seeing that kind of stuff at the end of May.
I’m off from the real job this week so the fantasy content will flow effortlessly from my fingers through the keyboard onto the screen where it will beam directly into your brain through your oculars. I promise not to cause too much of a mess in there.
Also, there is a bunch of strategery going on in the dark corners of the Chinstrap Ninjas’ world. Stuff you can’t see or use or enjoy in any way. Not yet anyway. But rest assured the end result will be awesome.
Until we speak again, stay deadly.