You know what’s awesome? You. We can prove it.
We’re going to ask you readers to understand some math today. Relax! It’s statistics type math. You get statistics. You love statistics. That’s one of the reasons why you play fantasy sports, which is why you are here in the first place. The best part? These statistics are about you.
Here’s your math, it further displays your awesome:
- We had more views Sunday alone than we had in any 7-day week in the site’s history before March 8 of 2010.
- Sunday’s one-day view count beats all but four of the months — months — in our 18-month history.
- We’ve set weekly records for four consecutive weeks, but had more views last week (7 days) than we had in the previous four record-breaking weeks combined.
- Not surprisingly, March 2010 is our best month ever. It is best to a degree that we’ve had more views in this month alone than we’ve had in the entire history of the site. For clarification, that’s every view we’ve ever had. Ever. And it’s not even close
- There are still three days left in March 2010.
- You’ve made our 2010 fantasy baseball page our most clicked on item ever. Also, you love you some 2010 composite closer rankings. jzak’s post about MLB’s firemen is the most clicked post in the history of the site by a serious margin.
- Both of those items were created this month, so there are no residual clicks involved there, just your fingers doing live pre-fantasy baseball draft clicks.
Hopefully we’ve provided you with enough awesome tools to dominate your foes on draft day. But that doesn’t mean we’ve reached the end of our helpfulness to you.
Your research and information gathering should continue throughout the season and we’re going to do everything in our power to keep you up to date and advancing toward a championship. We’ll provide a rotation of updated closer information, player updates, waiver wire suggestions and features like prospect watches and trade strategies every day throughout the 2010 fantasy baseball season.
Links posts, turning you on to the best, most entertaining and helpful articles we read every week, will return very soon.
The return of Fantasy Football
For those of you disgusted at our lack of regular fantasy football coverage, we apologize. We are football fanatics and want to meet the needs of fellow fanatics. But, remember, it’s always darkest before the dawn.
The dawn? It will be bright.
Coverage will return on a very regular basis next week, the first week of the baseball season, and hopefully be at full power following the NFL Draft.
We’ll dive into pre-NFL Draft coverage beginning next week and build up our collection of fantasy football content over the summer, so when NFL clubs get to camp, you will be ahead of the curve.
More new stuff
Also, as we’ve done a couple times with these letters, it’s time to reveal new features and tease the ones that are still on the close and distant horizons.
Big announcement about one new feature coming tomorrow. Check in at 8 a.m.
As for the events on the near horizon, let’s just say that 2010 will be remembered as the Year of the Ninja Army, at least in some circles. If you play fantasy sports, you want to be in those circles.
And those far off goals? We’ll get there. But we’re going to need a bigger boat because we’re taking all of you along for the ride.
Until next time we speak, Ninjas, stay deadly.