These matchups are based on yards allowed, according to Football Outsiders’ defense against receiver types chart.
In some cases, the matchups are more reliable because they match up with FO’s Defense-adjusted Value Over Average statistic, which adds in a number of non-fantasy statistics, but is a good indicator about how a team focuses (or loses track of) a player at a position.
Time is running out, once again, so I’m going to have less explanation and more list in these last few matchup posts.
We all have lineups to fill, so they need to get out there fast.
Enough, let’s get to it.
Week 7 tight end matchups
1. Dwayne Allen/Coby Fleener vs. Cincinnati — Luck likes to look for his TEs near the end zone.
2. Tampa Bay is on bye
3. Chase Ford vs. Buffalo
4. Mychal Rivera vs. Arizona
5. New England played Thursday
6. Larry Donnell vs. Dallas — Feels like a really great play this week.
7. Vernon Davis vs. Denver — Another strong play.
8. Charles Clay vs. Chicago
9. Garrett Graham vs. Pittsburgh
10. Jordan Cameron vs. Jacksonville — Should approach 100 yards and a touchdown again this week.
1. Antonio Gates vs. Kansas City
2. Brandon Pettigrew vs. New Orleans — Eric Ebron is banged up. You wouldn’t want to start Pettigrew anyway.
3. Jared Cook/Lance Kendricks vs. Seattle
4. Travis Kelce vs. San Diego
5. Martellus Bennett vs. Miami
6. Owen Daniels vs. Atlanta
7. Philadelphia is on bye
8. Clay Harbor vs. Cleveland
9. Julius Thomas vs. San Francisco — SF without it’s top two middle linebackers.
10. Scott Chandler vs. Minnesota